Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Life with Technology

I planned to become a high school math teacher when I graduated from college but I was seduced by the dark side and instead elected to begin a career in information technology. It was a time when there were few women in the profession and advances in technology were just beginning. I have seen the wonderful things that technology can do, the time it can save when analyzing data or processing information. I have loved teaching diverse groups of individuals how to use both the simplest and most complex pieces of hardware or software. I know how technology can compliment human skills and make jobs easier to master. I also know that people are often afraid of technology, of the changes that they feel it might bring and the way it may complicate processes that are working "just fine".
I believe that technology should be a tool that is readily accessible to teachers and for which training is provided continuously. I was eager to take this course because although I have worked with technology for many years, the technology that most often is being used in the classroom is not what I have traditionally supported. I am also looking forward to finding ways to help friends who are teachers take advantage of technology in their classroom. (Post 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment