Friday, July 23, 2010

Thoughts on Digital Stories

The digital story is such a simple concept. Create a story, take digital photos to illustrate the story, load them into an application that will allow you to record an audio narration, add some music and create an output that is playable on any computer. The steps are basically simple but the creativity and range of emotions that can be expressed by this process were amazing and unexpected. I found Good Grief and Dachau to be poignant and thought provoking. The Birds Visit Barcelona, Jenn's History of the Mafia and Vivian's story about how a student can tackle a Civil War Historical Biography project related information in a very easy and understandable way.
What's Going On Out There? by Kate was just heartwarming. Paul the Octopus and Christine's War between the Squares and the Rectangles were outright funny. I could see the learning value in each of these and the potential for digital story possibilities in the classroom just increased exponentially. I wish I had this option for expression when I was in school. I can't wait until everyone's is loaded on their website for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment